Getting to the gist29 May 2009
Do you want to know what’s new awaiting you in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat? What makes the game different from the previous ones in the series? What to expect? Will there be something really fresh and involving?
No problem! We are launching a series of “5 quick facts on the game” updates, specially for those who want to know but don’t like to read much. And here’s the first round. Your reward for learning the factual material will be a couple new images from the game. Good luck!
- The Zone in the game consists of new locations only. And for the first time now the placement of in-game locations will correspond their real geographical prototypes.
- A couple of new monsters added – chimera and burer. These two were planned back in the original game, but will make their appearance only now, redesigned and powered with new abilities.
- As opposed to the previous S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games all the quests are hand-made by designers and not automatically generated. Over 70 unique quests are waiting for the player to complete.
- The game is completely stand-alone and does not require any previous games installed. This said, the player who didn’t play the first two games will not be discomforted while playing Call of Pripyat.
- Sleep function has been added to allow the main character to get refreshed, so as to wait the necessary number of hours in safety.